Fuse #8

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Jon Buller and the Case of the Missing Map

Happy Memorial Day week-end, kids. Unlike Big A little a, a blog who's consistency in week-end reading material exhausts me just to look at, I'm not a big one for the week-end updates. If I'm not sitting at a Reference Desk for prolonged periods of time waiting for the 45th child to walk up to me asking for arctic animal books (this week a school's entire 4th grade class had this assignment) then I'm not a prolific poster. However, this morning I felt sufficiently moved to post something.

I was putting up my Review of the Day and checking my SiteMeter with all the casual aplomb of an addict, when I saw a rather interesting detail. Lots of people find this blog when they Google random phrases. Just yesterday somebody in Denmark found Fuse #8 by Googling, "Adrien Brody sleeps with his mother". You can imagine how disappointed they must have been to find I haven't even a droplet of Oedipal Brodyness. Anyway, by and large the Google population doesn't stick around very long. One person, however, had Googled the phrase, "Travels of Thelonious reviews", and then stayed an impressive amount of time on this site. That usually can mean only one thing: The author or the illustrator was checking out my blog. A quick scan of the review of that same book and sure enough the illustrator left a comment.

In case you guys should be interested in the book (which I enjoyed) artist Jon Buller pointed out that there was a map that was never included with the title. The link is presented below for any of you curious souls who might like to see what the book looks like illustration-wise before reading or purchasing it. Now I am off to barbecue something sticky while wearing a white dress. Wish me luck.

7 Comments:

At 11:42 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Hey, it's either weekend updating OR finishing grading a huge stack of exams. I like procrastination better :)

 
At 7:48 PM , Blogger Disco Mermaids said...

I'm also addicted to SiteMeter and discovering how people find us. We did a post called Finding DiscoLand where we listed some of our favorite Googles. It seems that every month a few people ask "how do mermaids give birth" and are sent our way. But what kind of person wants to know that? And why are there so many of them out there?

- Jay

 
At 3:04 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Yeah.
Silly people.


Sooo . . . . . how DO mermaids give birth, anyway?

 
At 6:02 AM , Blogger Tarie Sabido said...

The illustrator leaving a comment for your review is so cool! =) ...I wanna know how mermaids give birth...

 
At 10:35 AM , Blogger Bkbuds said...

It's even more fun when you discover that you rank #2 in Google searches for "Jewish b**bs." Yep, that's what I always wanted to be famous for. Sigh.

And, oh yeah, how DO mermaids give birth?

 
At 1:09 AM , Blogger Disco Mermaids said...

Hmm...I'm guessing that mermaids give birth via SEA-section.

I'm sorry, but I had to do it!

- Jay

 
At 12:52 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

That's it. I'm calling a pun moratorium. Any future puns must be vetted, tagged, and officially approved up by the Pun Related American Test Society (or P.R.A.T.S.).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home