Fuse #8

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Women and Pigs

I claim this Little Women in the name of children's literature! Kuh-twack!

So the Washington Post has done more for kiddie lit in the last year or so than any other newspaper out there whatsoever. Example A: Elizabeth Ward. Example B: This article on Little Women: The Musical ! (emphasis, my own) with mentions of how the book has entered the public zeitgeist again and again and again. Critical Mass has a nice piece on that classic bit of March-mania as well.

In other news, the WP also announced a Charlotte's Web type story involving a farmer, a pig, and a reprieve from death. No spider, but it'll do.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM , Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

How I love Little Women. I can hardly wait for my eldest to be ready to read it. A thing which may happen any day now. Have you read the essay on Literary Mama called Marmee's Anger? It is really good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home