Fuse #8

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Fame! I'm Gonna Live Forever. I'm Gonna Learn How To Fly. Fame!

Boy you just never know where your average blog is going to be cited next. My boss walks up to me a moment ago saying, "You blabbermouth, you!". This, as it turns out, is a compliment. It seems I have been listed over and over again in the August 2006 issue of Cites & Insights article entitled, "Looking at Liblogs: The Great Middle". I popped up particularly under the category of Frequency of posts, March-May 2006. Who is number one? I am number one! I also swept the Total comments, March-May 2006 category, placed #28 in Conversational intensity, hit #5 on Most comments on a single post (it was the Top 21 Books Made Into Films posting, in case you're curious), and didn't even place when it came to Average length of posts. Ah well. You take what you can get.

Of course, I don't know what system Mr. Walt Crawford used to determine who the librarian bloggers are, but that's okay. I just hope future articles include more child litters. As it was, I only found Kids Lit and tiny little librarian mentioned. tsk tsk.

6 Comments:

At 5:27 PM , Blogger SilberBook-Blog said...

How much longer until FUSE8: The Movie?

Congrats. You of the plentiful post!

 
At 8:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad they recognized you for how prolific you are. I'm constantly amazed.

 
At 9:17 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Yeah. Except now I'm rereading this post and it's coming across as something along the lines of, "Me, me me me me. Me me. ME! Me me me. Me". I gotta stop doing that. Oy.

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger waltc said...

Mr. Crawford? You mean my father?

Anyway: You missed one biggie: longest overall. And "essays" means you posts are a lot longer than average--just not one of the 25 longest in the study.

The criteria for who got included are right there in the article. Although the sources are clear enough (basically, four directories), the whole setup's too complicated to repeat here. I can assure you that there's no bias for or against any one kind of librarian. (Hey, "child litters" turn kids on to reading. I can't think of a much higher calling.)

You do a remarkable blog. That's a compliment.

 
At 11:05 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I alway like to place a nice little "Mr." in front of the names of those gentlemen I do not yet know. But now you have written! How delightful! I shall now refer to you as Monsieur.

Oh, I definitely did miss "longest overall". That's okay. I leave the blog-sized books to Chasing Ray and the like.

And darned if you didn't include the criteria right smack dab at the beginning of your article. Huh. That's what I get for allowing my eyes to skim until they come across my own title. That's self-interest pure and simple. I did not mean to imply that you'd purposefully left anyone off, of course. The article was, I should mention, well-written, insightful, and intelligent.

Lovely you stopped by!

 
At 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm always impressed by your prolific posts, and it's nice to see you get recognized for it. Just as long as you don't start using your fame to drive hot men of children's literature to use Clinique products... (just kidding, if you wanted ads, it would be fine with me).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home