Fuse #8

Thursday, December 14, 2006

You Gotta Respect Them For Admitting It Was Illegal

So I'm reading my School Library Journal info as per usual and I come across the following catchy title: Hobnob With Children's Authors This Summer. I love the term hobnob! How clever of SLJ to come up with it. Actually, the article is about the Nye Memorial Children's Literature Trip and how you, for a mere $4,000, can take a 3-week trip to England and Iceland to visit authors like Theresa Breslin. THE Theresa Breslin.

Here's the part that caught my little eye:
One year, during a trip to the Cotswolds in England, everyone crowded into a village bookshop to purchase an illegal prerelease copy of the latest Harry Potter book, then hurried back to their inn to read it before a blazing fire.
Ballsy. What do you want to bet that at least one person who signs up this year misreads that sentence and assumes that illegal prerelease copies are the norm? Heck if I could get me a copy of Harry Potter VII early then you can bet your sweet bippy I'd be signing up for Iceland, Greenland, any old "land" you could throw at me just to get some sweet sweet Harry Potter satisfaction.

2 Comments:

At 12:07 AM , Blogger alvinaling said...

We should call our blogger kidslit drinks night hobnob something. Blog hobnob, maybe?

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

How 'bout Blognob? Only trouble is, not everyone who shows up is a blogger. Still, I like Blognob. Rolls off the tongue. Hmmmm....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home