Fuse #8

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Newbery Results Are In

Oh, silly me. What a typo. I meant to say that the MOCK Newbery results are in.
Evil evil me.

But the good news is that 2008 Newbery Chair Nina Lindsey has finished her 2007 Mock Newbery meetings and the results are as follows:

Winner
A Drowned Maiden's Hair

Honor Books (in alphabetical order)
Alabama Moon
The King of Attolia
A True and Faithful Narrative

For those of you keeping score at home, A Drowned Maiden's Hair has also appeared on the Cybils Middle Grade Novel shortlist.

And as for anyone who wishes to profer your own suspicions, Mother Reader is already way ahead of you with her own predictions:

1. Yellow Star
2. Gossamer
3. Shug
4. Hattie Big Sky
5. Weedflower

4 Comments:

At 1:12 AM , Blogger Morwen said...

I'm a big Megan Whalen Turner fan, so it's great to see King of Attolia mentioned! Part of me would hope for it to win the medal, but A Drowned Maiden's Hair looks very deserving, as well. (I haven't read it, so I just have to go off reviews.)

 
At 2:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only one I haven't read is Alabama Moon - but the other three are absolutely wonderful in their own ways and I would love to see that gold sticker on any one of them.

 
At 11:20 PM , Blogger MotherReader said...

I have not read one of those books from the Mock Newbery awards.

And this is why there is a Newbery committee and it's not just one person deciding.

Two of the titles (at least) haven't made it to my library yet. I'm sure, because I've been waiting for them based on everyone's rave reviews.

Oh well, I guess that I can still play anyway. Thanks for the shout-out.

 
At 7:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read one (True and Faithful Narrative) of the 4 from Nina's list. Pathetic, I know. But, I have another on order. I also haven't read Shug or Hattie. I must do that!! So many books....

Franki
www.readingyear.blogspot.coom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home