Fuse #8

Monday, January 15, 2007

There's a Teen Drink Night Out There Too?

In my various canoodlings on the series of tubes sometimes known as the internet, I stumbled on this interesting little posting by one Cecil Castellucci (author of this year's Boy Proof).

That's right, ladies and gentlemen. Move over NYC Kidlit Drink Nights. There are NYC Teen Lit Drink Nights carrying on right under our very noses. In actual fact, I believe the Teen Drink Nights came first. I recall Cheryl Klein once mentioning that the whole reason we even chose Sweet and Vicious as a good location was that editors and YA authors were already meeting there.

The real crime here? Seems to me that Coe Booth and Siobhan Vivian of the Longstockings blog should be posting recaps of these YA meetings. I mean, we're talking big teen authors here. Picture moments like Libba Bray discussing matters with E. Lockhart (a.k.a. Emily Jenkins). This constitutes useless gossip and as the harbinger of gossip in all its uniquely useless forms I, for one, wanna know when this kind of thing goes down. Heck, I didn't even know Libba Bray was local.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:40 AM , Blogger Jenny Han said...

There is indeed a Teen Author Drink night. Tis headlined by Mr. David Levithan and is very clandestine! And fun.

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger alvinaling said...

Yes, as far as I know, editors are not allowed (unless they are a teen writer as well), although they would probably allow librarians.

 
At 12:09 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

No no. I'm a children's librarian and would probably spend the whole thing with my jaw slightly agape. I just love to hear about them afterwards.

 
At 8:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you just made me feel so popular!
Libba and I talked about putting our children to sleep.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home