Fuse #8

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Pearl Pouch?

I am a bit of a fan of Carol Lay. Her work would appear in books of women cartoonists, and I thought her very fine and witty. She has, however, decided to weigh in on the Lucky debate with a scrotum-related comic strip and . . . well, check it out for yourself.

Yeah, I'm with Kelly on this one. Aside from the basic assumption made that "librarians everywhere erupted with righteous indignation" (does no one remember that librarians wrote and picked the book for the Newbery too?) it just gets its stereotypes all mixed up. We like bags now? Maybe totes, but even that's pushing it. I do, however, appreciate the image of the dog. Someone turn THAT into a t-shirt.

Thanks to Kelly at Big A little a for the link.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the way her bag looks like a scrotum.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home