Fuse #8

Friday, April 06, 2007

But What I Really Want to Be is a Couplet

Online quizzes are often just slapped together by someone with only the mildest interest in writing up fun questions. Not the What Poetry Form Are You? quiz. When a question asks, "Given the opportunity, what would you drop from a sixty-six story building?" and one of the answers is, "A cream bun," you know you're in good hands. What am I?



I'm terza rima, and I talk and smile.
Where others lock their rhymes and thoughts away
I let mine out, and chatter all the while.

I'm rarely on my own - a wasted day
Is any day that's spent without a friend,
With nothing much to do or hear or say.

I like to be with people, and depend
On company for being entertained;
Which seems a good solution, in the end.


Ignore the silly poems and just take the quiz instead. Thanks to Big A little a for the link. Looks like she and I have something in common. If anyone out there ISN'T a terza rima, I'd like to know.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 12:45 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Funnily enough, Fuse, you're the only other terza rima out there so far...Glad to know I'm in good company :)

 
At 8:16 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

How right you are. I must have terza rimas on the brain. An interesting state to be in.

 
At 9:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I wasn't a terza rima I'd be a lai:

I'm the lai, with no sort
Of grave, solemn thought,
And I
Will never be caught
By miseries sought,
Nor sigh;
Where battles are fought
Or arguments brought,
I fly.

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger timna said...

I'm a terza rima. heck I took the test just to see if I could be something else and I wasn't.

 
At 11:55 AM , Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

I'm a terza rima, except for on the days when I'm a sonnet.

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

It's gotta all be based on the cream bun question. I mean, honestly. What else are you going to throw from that height?

Maybe jello. Maybe.

 
At 1:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got terza rima but when it gave me Sonnet as my "If you weren't" option, I posted that instead. Because I like it better, and the silly poem for it sounded more like me.

 
At 4:10 PM , Blogger Josephine Cameron said...

Well, apparently I don't fit in with all you terza rimas at all, and according to my rhyme (which is not all that off base), that's just fine with me!

The ballad, I; I shun the world,
Its bustle and its noise,
Its busy hasty rushing crowds
And bright consumer toys.

Indeed, I sometimes like the old
Because it's not the new;
And if you think that's strange or wrong,
I might not much like you.

 
At 7:23 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I'm another terza rima...

 
At 10:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was an ottava rima, with a limerick option. Cool.

 
At 10:44 PM , Blogger Sarah Stevenson said...

I was a terza rima, too! And I was peeved--it doesn't sound at all like me. Neither did my alternate, the lai. Whassup with that??

 
At 12:42 AM , Blogger Saipan Writer said...

Well, if terza rima is normal, I'm not. I'm this:
If they told you I'm mad, then they lied.
I'm odd, but it isn't compulsive.
I'm the triolet, bursting with pride;
If they told you I'm mad, then they lied.
No, it isn't obsessive. Now hide
All the spoons or I might get convulsive.
If they told you I'm mad then they lied.
I'm odd, but it isn't compulsive.

And if not a triolet, I'd be this:
I, as a clerihew,
Tend to be merry; too
Merry, it might, perhaps, by some, be claimed;
But I'm sure that these people are wrong, and need to be grievously maimed.

How insanely odd, funny, dangerous--exciting to be me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home