Fuse #8

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Castellucci, Perfect Websites, and the Pigeon/Plain Jane Connection

So Cecil Castellucci comes into the library yesterday and we get to chatting about stuff. And since I've just been doing a little "professional development", I cannot help but notice Miranda July's website for her upcoming book. It is, not to put too fine a point on it, perhaps the most original site for a book I've seen. Period. I mention it to Cecil and she has, of course, seen it and agrees with me that it is neat. Blogworthy, perhaps.

I should mention that Ms. Castellucci had come to the Central Children's Room to see Mo Willems perform in my branch (TONIGHT: AT SIX). He once was, and this is true, her mentor. Honest-to-God. Swear to howdy. The kidlit world intersects with the teenlit world at the oddest of junctions sometimes. I will, tonight, inform Mo that he will have to wait until TLA to see her. *sigh*

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 2:10 AM , Blogger Disco Mermaids said...

I don't use the F-word very often, but Miranda July's website is frickin' awesome!

- Jay

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger gail said...

What a kick! I sat here all by myself laughing out loud as I went through Miranda July's site!

Thanks for the laugh,
gail

 
At 7:18 PM , Blogger Gail Gauthier said...

I liked the site for July's new book much more than I did her regular website.

 
At 10:18 PM , Blogger Lisa Yee said...

I LOVE her website!

I also LOVED You and Me and Everyone I Know, the movie. Or was it, You and Me and Everyone We Know?

Either way, loved it. Love her.

 
At 9:57 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

I think that all author websites should include images of the writer reenacting scenes from history in their living rooms. I would pay good money to see . . . um . . . Grace Lin driving in the Golden Spike or M.T. Anderson's rendition of the Teapot Dome Scandal. In their living rooms.

(Whoa, I'm gonna have weird dreams tonight.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home