Fuse #8

Monday, June 04, 2007

Increase Your Karma

I received the following e-mail just the other day and thought I might share it with you:
I wanted to write to you about a volunteer project that some of my fellow UCLA library school students and I have been involved in. We volunteer at an LA County juvenile detention facility, providing library services to incarcerated youth. They have a tiny and virtually inaccessible library at the facility, so we bring books to a few of the living units, conduct book talks, and agitate for better library services! Along with UCLA's Graduate Students Association, we are currently conducting a book drive to obtain more books, especially books requested by the youth. We have set up an Amazon wish list at http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/3GB06L568M0Y3.
I'm a particular fan of library students as it is, so this sounds like a wonderful thing through and through. If you've a spare dollar or two in your pocket, please give this wish list a looksee.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:14 AM , Blogger Sara said...

Thanks for the link, Fuse. I'm headed over there now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home