Fuse #8

Monday, September 03, 2007

Show #1: Space Dogs and Futuristic Books

I've decided that my podcasts would fit in nicely on this old blog site. So here it is. Show numero uno. Remember that this is my first show. I'm only just getting the hang of it. I know I've talked too much here. I can't quite get a grip on how to properly fade things in and out, and my portable mike is crummy in large spaces. Still, I want to know what else you think needs to be changed. So though I'm scared to say it, tell me what you want to hear.

Space Dogs and Futuristic Books

00:00 - 4:33 (News)
4:34 - 9:09 (Weekly Review - Laika by Nick Abadzis)
9:10 - 14:42 (Monkeytown: In Brief)
14:42 - 15:30 (Closing)

Intro by Haddon Givens Kime
Thanks to Desk Set and The Institute for the Future of the Book for Monkeytown
Thanks to Dan Blank at School Library Journal for lending me their microphone

The Institute of the Future of the Book's mission statement was read by me and recorded on my computer.

For the RSS feed of this show, please use this site. This show will be appearing on iTunes in the near future.

12 Comments:

At 8:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laika was mentioned in the book I reviewed today (that you did a few weeks back) The Wall by Peter Sís. Talk about Zeitgeist for certain topics. I've not seen the graphic novel yet, however.

 
At 9:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Elizabeth! Welcome to what will surely become an addiction.

Your premiere episode is great. You sound very comfortable with the microphone - as natural recording your voice as publishing your thoughts in your blog. I am looking forward to hearing more.

Unfortunately, there is one section of this episode in which the music is louder than your voice and I didn't get to hear everything you had to say.

I'm subscribed and looking forward to getting a weekly fix.

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Good to know about the loud music part. I think I know the section you meant. I'll try to clean that up when I get a chance.

Thanks for listening!

 
At 8:29 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

There we go. All better now (I hope).

 
At 1:58 AM , Blogger (Insert Name Here) said...

Hey your podcast was amazing. I can't wait for the next one! It was very interesting talking about your adventures to monkeytown, and make me want to explore the wilderness that is Willamsburg. Good luck with this and I hope to see many more casts!

 
At 8:50 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Thanks, sweetheart. Isn't Williamsburg odd? You can walk block after block and never seen anyone over the age of 35. Fun place, but I dunno if I'd wanna live there.

 
At 10:15 PM , Blogger mbpbooks said...

You are one brave iBird. I can hardly stand to call my answering machine and listen to my voice tell me I'm not there. Anyway, it's going to be good to tune in regularly to PodFuse ... er, FusePod ... FuseNews ... What's the show called, anyway?

 
At 11:15 PM , Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

I haven't even started listening to the podcast yet, and already I love it. You know why? It's linked on your old website. The dear Fuseman, the old blogroll, the easiness on the eyes... it's all good.

 
At 11:26 PM , Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

P.S. Ditto what Mark said. I'll have to return to the podcast after that loud music part is cleaned up. I mentioned it to Bede, and he said,"Yes, that is why making a podcast is harder than it sounds."

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I fixed the loud music part, actually. Unfortunately there may still be a portion where the words are hard to make out because they're too quiet. Ah, the tinkering....

 
At 9:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er, you may think you have fixed the loud music part, but there are still two sections of the podcast in which the music is really loud and your voice drowned out. Much of the review, for example, is inaudible.

 
At 11:34 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Yeah. This seems to be a never ending problem. I think I'll replace this show with one I did with different music and forget about the Moxy Fruvous stuff altogether. On Sunday I'll replace everything, finish my new show, and all shall be right with the world.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home