Fuse #8

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Show #2: Medieval and Contemporary Voices

Medieval and Contemporary Voices

00:00 - 3:51 (News)
3:52 - 8:24 (Weekly Review - Good Masters! Sweet Ladies!: Voices From a Medieval Village by Laura Amy Schlitz)
8:25 - 20:56 (Child_lit Listserv picnic in the park)
20:56 - 21:35 (Closing)

Intro by Haddon Givens Kime
Thanks to Roxanne Feldman, Cheryl Klein, Pooja Makhijani, and Karen Ulric for the child_lit discussion.
The music during the review features my friend Meredith Arwady, the greatest living contralto today.
Thanks to Dan Blank at School Library Journal for lending me their microphone

For the RSS feed of this show, please use this site. This show is available through iTunes.

7 Comments:

At 11:28 AM , Blogger Dan McCoy said...

Great second show. One suggestion: you should probably also stick up the full RSS address directly, so that people can cut-and-paste, if that's the way they like to do their podcast subscribery. It's http://fusenumber8.libsyn.com/rss, just to be clear.

Woo woo!

 
At 3:12 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Thanks, darlin'. I'll do that in the future. You know that I model all my podcasts after yours, don't you?

 
At 3:07 PM , Blogger Susan Kusel said...

Wonderful podcast! Thanks for posting this to the child_lit listserv.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who thought about the "Lily's Eyes" song from the Secret Garden when I read the 7th Harry Potter book.

You guys picked up on one of my favorite Harry Potter obscure references... the black vanishing cabinet. I did a whole blog post about this before Book 7 came out (so it might be a tad dated).

Here it is... with all the places the cabinet appears in the books:

http://wizardswireless.blogspot.com/2007/07/on-re-reading-harry-potter.html

-Susan

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Well, I'm going to name drop a little here without actually using any names. So I'm at a baseball game with the woman who runs that magnificent Harry Potter website The Leaky Cauldron and we get to discussing the vanishing cabinet weirdness. My husband asks her about whether or not the major fans of the books picked up on that at any point. She said that yes indeed they did. You yourself appear to be the proof in the pudding. Bravo!

 
At 9:11 AM , Blogger Sarah Miller said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:12 AM , Blogger Sarah Miller said...

Am I the only dingaling who can't seem to get your shows actually ONTO her iPod via iTunes?

 
At 11:12 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Hm. I'll look into it. Though I think it worked fine on my computer. Lemmesee...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home