Fuse #8

Thursday, February 09, 2006

MOVIE ALERT!!!

Alrighty, peoples. You loved "Holes", you cried over "Because of Winn-Dixie" and you sat mezmerized in your seat idly wondering, "Is that Rupert Everett doing the voice of a CGI fox?" in "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe". Now prepare to view the awe-inspiring work of Walden Media as it tackles its greatest challenge yet. Thomas Rockwell's 1973 classic, "How To Eat Fried Worms".



Good yummy stuff, no? A representative with Walden contacted me the other day. You see, we children's librarians are hot property these days. If adaptations of children's books make money and the tenders of said books are librarians then it stands to reason that we should be consulted by high powered movie studios all the time, right?

Ho ho ho! How I do love to kid. I'm joking, of course. Harvey's not about to call me up anytime soon, I can tell you that. But should anyone out there ever want my top suggestions for children's books that would make fabulous movies, lemme know.

Anyway, back to my story. So a Walden Media rep e-mails me (I worked with them on a Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe exhibit in the past) and wants to know what worm related info I can give her to tie in with the movie. As it just so happens, my library branch has been working with the Lower East Side Ecology Center. They do programs with worm composting and have been brilliant worm enthusiasts. Hopefully with the release of this movie they'll get a little more attention. I put Walden woman in touch with them, so we shall see.

Ah, glamour. Worms and movies. Does it get any better than this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home