Fuse #8

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It's getting hot in here...

Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined that so many charming souls would read my little blog 'o bites as regularly as you clever poppins have. Ah, sweet fame. Why just today I discovered that the link I once made to a Washington Post article means that now that same article includes Fuse #8 under a section called Who's Blogging?. This is swell, of course, but it places me in a difficult position. I've never been anything but honest about my dear sweet employer NYPL. However, if I'm getting more attention then eventually the powers that be are going to notice. And if the powers that be notice, they may be less than pleased. And if the powers that be are less than pleased then I may be getting a little phone call about dear Fuse #8 and I have a fear of the phone.

Now today I discovered that a nasty mean-spirited publication is denigrating NYPL and I have facts at my disposal with which to pummel this mean-spirited publication into a finely ground powder. But since I GOT my inside information as an... um... insider, I can't go about spouting it to the wind, now can I?

So today I put a teensy caveat in my profile making it very very clear that my opinions are entirely my own. I am not an NYPL spokesperson (thank heavens) and I'm operating this little blog on my own time with my own ribald wit and wisdom. Still... I wish I could tell you about the aforementioned publication. Ooooooh it's a doozy!!!!

2 Comments:

At 7:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A wise decision - but, oh! what a sad world we live in....where one can't express an honest opinion without fear of?????? Please don't censor yourself....it's what's makes your blog so refreshing / informative / interesting!

 
At 8:13 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

It's not actual censorship (though thank you for the kind words) since I wouldn't even HAVE some info without me job. I'm just not going to gleefully bandy about stuff that only serves as library gossip. Children's literature gossip, on the other hand, is COMPLETELY legitimate and I intend to wade in it up to my armpits.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home