Fuse #8

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Won't someone PLEASE think of the children?

I cannot tell you how often I'm sitting at my Reference Desk at work and a five-year-old will walk up to me and ask, "Do you have anything on Buck Owens, the host of Hee-Haw?". It's all I can do to look into that hopeful little face and break the terrible news to them. "Honey, no one has ever made a children's book about Mr. Owens". Then their little lower lips start to wobble and their parents look at me like I just told them that there's no Santa Claus. It's been tough. Thankfully, there's been an answer to my prayers. "Freight Train Running: A Biography of Buck Owens" has just come out and not a minute too soon. FINALLY someone has given a thought to the children!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home