Fuse #8

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hot Men of Children's Literature - Part 13 In a Series

Oh, we've a tasty treat for you folks today. So I'm at a Child_Lit dinner last night with various children's literature luminaries. Your editors. Your professors. Your reviewers. Your librarians. Your Jeanne DuPrau (more on that later). And the conversation turns towards The Hot Men of Children's Literature. Everyone has an opinion on who I should do next. I carefully write down the suggestions, fold them in half, and proceed to leave them on the table when I leave. So if anyone from that night is reading this (or if anyone has any suggestions of their own) send them to me! Consider this a "Children's Librarian Seeks Hot Men" ad, of sorts.

Moving on. This losing of the list might be considered dire, but fortunately we'd already decided on today's feller. For sitting next to me was none other than Random House Senior Editor of Children's Books and drummer for the kick-ass band Mr. MacGregor......

JIM THOMAS

Nice feller too. He was offering free copies of Jeanne DuPrau's The Prophet of Yonwood for everyone. I had told him not to bother with me since I already had a galley. How was I to know that he wasn't offering ARCs but the honest-to-goodness knock-your-socks-off, isn't-that-cover-gorgeous books? Still, he brought me two review copies of other books I wanted and since he's super cute anyway I have put him here. The picture was taken by me and does not do him justice.

3 Comments:

At 5:15 PM , Blogger Don Tate II said...

Lol! This is the most entertaining place. (Oops, on the downlow, I just made a big, BIG mistake. Shhh!)

 
At 6:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lost the list! Guess we just have to have another dinner to recreate it (as some wine is necessary, I think, to do it properly).

 
At 6:26 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I think I'll ask Child_Lit as well. Perhaps others can remember.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home