Fuse #8

Monday, June 12, 2006

A Cinematic Movement

I had to go to the Internet Movie Database to prove whether or not this was true. So I'm listening to my favorite radio news quiz Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, and this week the guest is Paul Provenza. You may remember him as the director of that charming don't-ever-let-your-mother-near-it film The Aristocrats. Anywho, he's doing the usual guest schtick when he mentions that he'll be directing a movie based on the most popular picture book ever written. Hunhuna? My ears prick up. That's a good trivia question for children's librarians. What is the most popular picture book ever created? Goodnight Moon? Oh the Places You'll Go? Love You Forever? Well according to Mr. Provenza it's Everyone Poops. This Kane/Miller publication was a Japanese import that swept America by storm a couple years ago. But as Paula Poundstone herself pointed out, "Paul, there's no story there!". Maybe not, but now it's becoming a full-length feature film.

I'm frightened, Auntie Em. I'm frightened.

1 Comments:

At 11:51 PM , Blogger Becky said...

What timing! We're just on our second go-round, with kidlet #3, of the Kane/Miller Japanese body parts books, including, I think, a few new ones since the last times. I certainly don't remember reading about scabs then, but the kids are fascinated.

But a movie? I, um, think I have something to do that day...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home