Fuse #8

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Where My Brooklyn Peoples At?

All my friends in town basically live in Brooklyn. I live in Manhattan, which is unfortunate as each week-end sees me taking the lamentably slow moving trains from Brooklyn back to Morningside Heights where I reside. On the other hand, that's when I'm able to finish all my reading. But by and large it's fairly common knowledge that all the cool stuff occurs in Brooklyn these days. With that in mind, it should come as no surprise that recently a reading series began so as to help raise money for an elementary school's library.
Writers who have volunteered for the series, which carries a $10 admission fee, are mostly Mr. Grand's friends and acquaintances and fellow Brooklynites. Among them are Jonathan Lethem, Colson Whitehead, Paul Auster, Jhumpa Lahiri, Jonathan Safran Foer and Rick Moody. So far, the readings have earned $12,000.
To top it all off, Brooklyn is where 826NYC is currently located. I'm o'erflowing with jealousy.

2 Comments:

At 2:06 PM , Blogger Dan McCoy said...

At work, currently.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(and clearly without much to do)

 
At 2:23 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Well (and perhaps this is not the forum in which to discuss this but it's not as if I give a rip) Matt and I just spent long languid minutes looking at Liz Lord's link on your site. I've noticed that none of my female friends blog. At least she has a website, though. Great video of her getting her head shaved too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home