Fuse #8

Monday, July 17, 2006

Surviving the Thee-ah-tah

I've always been a sucker for a well staged adaptation of a children's book. For example, there will always be a special place in my heart for the live action version of Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus. So when I discovered through The Children's Literature Book Club that the Columbus Children's Theater will be putting on Surviving the Applewhites, I was intrigued. Now, Applewhites is not my favorite book in the whole wide world. To be perfectly honest, I consider it a watered down version of Ordinary Jack (could I sound any snobbier?). But a staged version might be lovely. It could be a children's version of You Can't Take It With You (arguably the funniest crazy-family play in the world). The show's not out until October, but it'll be interesting to see what they do with it. Especially since authors Stephanie B. Tolan AND Katherine Paterson are giving the production their input.

2 Comments:

At 7:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the bagthorpes!!

 
At 10:56 PM , Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

I love Surviving the Applewhites! Cool! I love the books about the Casson family by Hilary McKay better but I love it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home