Fuse #8

Friday, November 03, 2006

Color Me Red

It's a little embarrasing when someone else reports on an upcoming show at your library before you do. Credit Roger Sutton then with pointing out that the NYPL's Anne Carroll Moore lecture, is free and open to everbody. This year it'll be given by Patricia C. McKissack at 10:30AM, Monday November 13, at the Donnell Library Center, 20 West 53rd Street. Which is to say, my library. Please stop by. I'll be there and you'll get to see original art, fabulous author/illustrators (you're coming, right Meghan?), and Patricia C. McKissack which should be worth the price of the (free) admission alone.

2 Comments:

At 9:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know if I can make it yet or not, but I thought I'd use this opening to ask if you received my paintings okay.
Do you collect kids' books, by the way? Or do you get enough of that kind of thing at work?

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I'll have to ask John. He's been getting pictures left and right from a bunch o' marketing directors and I've been very good and haven't peeked lately. Oh please say you'll come! Honest, it would be just fabulous to meet you. Heck, Roger Sutton might be there and everything. I'll... uh... I'll buy you a coke?

Personally, yeah. I kinda do collect kids' books. I shouldn't and I do. Or rather, I collect books signed to me. Only now I've just gotten my very first baby niece and I've started to get things signed to her as well. But I treasure utterly and completely my signed copies, especially when I've been in contact with the author or illustrator before. *cough cough*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home