Fuse #8

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Buried With a Donkey / She's My Favorite Honky

See, this is what happens. You're a young library science student, newly thrilled by the prospect of your incipient occupation. You are given the typical find-a-million-Cinderella-stories-from-around-the-world assignment which you dive into with an enthusiasm befitting your 25-year-old noggin. Then you run across something like Shirley Climo's Egyptian Cinderella, and you have all sorts of issues with it. So many issues in fact, that you bury your resentment of the book down somewhere deep in the inner recesses and folds of your delectable brain. They sit there, biding their time for years, until one day you read a post on another blog that causes them to resurface with great fervor and yelps of satisfaction.

Which is basically a long-winded way of saying, I like what Gail Gauthier has to say about this book. Go read her.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:45 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

Oh -- I get your title now. Funky Tut!

Not often you see a good Steve Martin reference these days. Ahhh, satisfyin'.

 
At 3:06 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Glad you got it. I couldn't figure out what to write so I fell back on the classics.

Now when I die / now don't think I'm a nut / don't want a fancy funeral / just one like old King Tut.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home