Fuse #8

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Thanks, Farrelly Brothers. Thanks for Nuthin'.

As April 1st fell on a Sunday, and as I spent my particular Sunday rolling in popcorn kernels whilst reading trashy magazines and watching There's Something About Mary for the very first time (true story) I didn't see any of the fun April Fool's Internet postings out there. I did not read the eleven fake postings on Strollerderby (I think the baby iPod one might actually be true). I did not read about the nutty wireless Google service that works via your commode. And most regrettably of all I did not see the near sainthood of sometimes children's author Neil Gaiman. Ah well. There's always next year.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:45 AM , Blogger Monica Edinger said...

So I guess you also missed David Lubar's announcement on yalsa-bk that YAlSA had been purchased by Disney. "A Disney spokesperson claims that the corporation will in no way meddle with any of YALSA's award committees or policies, but authors and librarians everywhere are nervous about this development.
In a related story, it's been announced that all future YALSA conferences will be held in Orlando."

 
At 10:41 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Aww, man. Yeah, I missed that one too. Kudos to David Lubar. Reminds me of a prank we played at my Quaker college convincing people that army recruiters would be on campus (using the catch phrase, "Let's see how you hustle, Quakers!").

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home