Fuse #8

Monday, March 27, 2006

Why being a hip children's librarian makes life a worthwhile ride

Not too long ago newly established author Paul Acampora was kind enough to leave a comment during the great Edward Tulane debacle. Well somehow I never managed to connect the fact that this was the same fella who wrote one of the best reviewed books of 2006 thus far Defining Dulcie. Just slap my sides and call me stupid, why doncha? In any case, his editor (and the woman who brought together last year's rather fabulous Every Man For Himself) wrote me an e-mail today offering me a copy of Defining Dulcie to review. I'm pleased as punch. If life were just a series of editors offering me free books, I think I could die happy. Look forward to a review of the title as soon as I finish my pile of four other review books. These include The Fairies of Nutfolk Wood by Barb Bentler Ullman, Corydon and the Island of Monsters by Tobias Druitt, The Book of Story Beginnings by Kristin Kladstrup, and Sheep by Will Hobbs. I obviously haven't much of a life to speak of.

Oh. As a side note, Mr. Acampora wrote a story for Every Man For Himself entitled, "No More Birds Will Die Today". As someone who happens to have the last name of Bird, this is a comforting story to me.

2 Comments:

At 4:25 PM , Blogger Bkbuds said...

Enticing publishers to send you free books is indeed one of life's great pleasures.

Now all I need is to get paid for it. Sigh.

-Anne at Book Buds

 
At 8:20 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Yup. It's nice when the books are good. But then there's the perfectly nice but perfectly awful book (and I'm including the self-published and the big names here) that you get offered and have to delicately refuse. Miss Manners has yet to write a book explaining the best way to extricate oneself from such a situation.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home