Fuse #8

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The celebrity picture books you will never see

After I heard that Jessica Simpson was going to put out a children's book of her own poetry... well I just snapped. I couldn't take it anymore. So I got to thinking about other celebrities and how odd it would be if they started writing children's books. Some awfully idle thoughts.

  • Fran Lebowitz - She'd probably write a picture book about a bagel cryogenically frozen in 1953 who wakes up today and finds there isn't another decent bagel like him to be found anywhere. Title: The Last Bagel
  • Tom Cruise - Something overly enthusiastic about the beauty of childbirth without medicine and where the mommy isn't allowed to make any noise.
  • Stephen Colbert - Since Bill O'Reilly wrote a book, Colbert HAS to follow suit.
  • Ringo Starr - All the other Beatles did, basically. It seems odd that our own Mr. Conductor hasn't.
  • Suge Knight - Unless he's already done one. Does anyone know?

6 Comments:

At 8:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do hate to break this to you, but google "Leibowitz" and "pandas." (So happy to be the first...)

 
At 8:55 PM , Blogger web said...

I was just popping in to say I could swear Leibowitz had done it...

 
At 9:02 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Oh. My. God.
You have GOT to be kidding me. "Mr. Chas & Lisa Sue Meet the Pandas"???? This is insane. Guess I should do my homework before I write posts of this nature. And now I have to go out and find that book too. Whatta life. Is someone going to bonk me over the head with a Tom Cruise book as well?

 
At 10:06 PM , Blogger Chris Barton said...

So, when are we going to start seeing picture books illustrated by celebrities? Jon Heder, would you like to go first?

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger Little Willow said...

Stephen Colbert is hilarious. :)

 
At 5:50 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Amen to that, sister. Hilarious and hot as hell.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home