Fuse #8

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Commenting On the Blog

Or, to be more precise, not commenting on this blog. Which is to say, not being ABLE to comment on this blog. Word has reached me that some of you charming folks have often tried to leave comments on my posts, only to find that Blogger keeps you from doing so. One time this happened, I know, because Blogger had shut down for a night. But the problem seems to be a little more widespread than a single night. There are people out there who have tried multiple times to comment and have been shut down each and every time. I don't know if this is my fault, a problem with Macs and PCs, or if the blame rests entirely on Blogger. I'm stumped. I'm also halfway inclined to try a different blog source like LiveJournal or something like that if it means annoying less people in the long run. I dunno. I'm kinda comfy here at Blogger. I have my links all set up and I know how to work the template. A move would be a lot of hassle. Any ideas? Feel free to comment. HA HA HA!

7 Comments:

At 10:04 PM , Blogger Liz B said...

I haven't had a problem; but then I have a blogger account. I will try again tomorrow from work not logged in. For what it's worth, as far as I know I haven't had any problems with people leaving comments (either here or at pop goes the library, which is also blogger based.)

 
At 11:54 PM , Blogger Greg Pincus said...

I've never had a problem, though I, too, am on Blogger. Still, I'd note that I've only received one email at my blog noting an inabilty to post, and that was due to the word verification aspect.

 
At 8:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have your blog fed into LiveJournal, but I have to come here to comment. I find LJ extremely easy to use, although I rarely post (I use it to read all my buddies and make sage commentary).

 
At 4:13 PM , Blogger PJ Librarian said...

I haven't had any problems with any of the blogs I leave comments on, but a number of my blog acquaintances have from time to time, but it was with Blogger and other sites. When I have experienced weird things such as trying to upload photos that wouldn't it was solved with clearing my temporary files and cookies. I think Blogger and other sites scripts get fragmented sometimes.

 
At 4:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

testing leaving a comment without signing into blogger (and from work which has more filters etc.)

 
At 7:03 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Hmm. Of course, the essential flaw with my post is that those who's can't leave a comment... um... can't. But thank you Liz B. for the unsigned-in test. After much consideration (i.e. reading these posts) I won't be migrating from Blogger just yet. A great big thank you to all you nice people who let me know what's what.

 
At 9:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not a Blogger.

I also have dial-up service, and live in the sticks, but I've never had a problem leaving personal remarks!

Z

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home