Fuse #8

Friday, April 21, 2006

Is Anyone Else Seeing the Connection Here?

Are multiple movies about The Fall of Man a sign of the end of the world? I was cool with His Dark Materials getting made into three films. I even made my peace with American Pie screenwriter Chris Weitz doing the screenplay and NOT the original writer, Tom Stoppard. Now, however, Hollywood's smelling a whole new genre. So alongside Pullman's version of Paradise Lost comes ... Paradise Lost: The Movie! (the emphasis on "The Movie" is entirely my own). I kid you not on this. They are filming Milton's Sympathy For the Devil novel in full. I'm just sitting here with my jaw on my desk. Two simultaneous Falls coming soon to a theater near you. Here's hoping neither of them put the "Ick" in "Epic".

2 Comments:

At 11:41 PM , Blogger RC said...

I know, I was posting today about this film...and all I can think about this time is who will play the role of Satan???

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

 
At 11:46 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Well EXACTLY. And here's the thing, in the book he's the hero. So is the hero of the film? And if so, are Christian conservatives going to find that more than a bit objectionable? Milton is hardly the Bible, after all. I watch the production of this film with more than a little curiosity.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home