Fuse #8

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Terri Hatcher/Muppet Mystery

Yeah, I'm one of those people who equate Muppets with children's literature. You watch enough hours of Sesame Street before the age of seven and eventually you come to believe that the Muppets are the only reason you know how to read anyway. Now recently a pack o' pals and I went to the movie theater to watch a film. Dropping a good month's worth of our salaries apiece (this is New York, after all) we plopped ourselves down and watched the requisite 25 minutes worth of commercials that appear before the movie trailers. One of these commercials was for the Will Rodgers Institute starring the Muppets... and Terri Hatcher. I now direct your attention to the link listed below. At it, the "Whither Laffs" blog speculates on what we saw and its more twisted mind-melting aspects. Even if you have never seen the ad, it's well worth a peek. Especially if you like(d?) Muppets.

6 Comments:

At 12:20 AM , Blogger Disco Mermaids said...

The Muppets are definitely equatable with children's literature. One of my fave children's books of all time is The Monster at the End of this Book (starring lovable, furry old Grover). I probably read that book more than any other. I recently gave that Golden Book (though it's available in other formats, none can compete with the G.B) to my friend who has a three year old, and now it's his favorite book.

- Jay

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I long since came to the conclusion that "The Monster At the End of This Book" is the ONLY Sesame Street picture book that was ever any good. And considering how many they're churning out these days, that should come as no surprise.

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger Dan McCoy said...

I'm flattered that my words (well, and the bizarre ad in question, and our mutual witnessing-of-it) inspired a whole post.

Then again, if my stat counter is to be believed, you are by far the top referrer to my website. If you keep this up, I'll have to branch into children's lit comedy.

 
At 5:10 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

My little mind boggles at what that would entail. I envision you having to do gigs solely at the yearly meetings of the children's librarians of NYPL, if only because THEY will be the only ones who get your jokes. But, as I've mentioned before, Patton Oswald did a Templeton the Rat joke on the album Matt & I gave you. It's a start anyway.

 
At 7:10 PM , Blogger Dan McCoy said...

Just wait 'til you hear my "tight five" on Beverly Cleary.

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I think anything about her would have the riot potential of doing the same to Mr. Rogers. Which is to say, go man go!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home