Fuse #8

Friday, May 26, 2006

Apparently This Is Some Kind of a Big Deal

I'm baffled as to why anyone would fret about this. In the land of the Aussies, apparently Melbourne writer Sonya Hartnett (who has penned many a children's book) has been outed as erotic novelist Cameron S. Redfern. Um... and that's the long and the short of it, folks. I'm not sure why this is newsworthy, but I don't have much to report today and this seemed the most interesting tidbit I could find. There's also a nice article in The Age that discusses the pen name phenomenon.

3 Comments:

At 6:05 AM , Blogger Tarie Sabido said...

Because some people feel uncomfortable about/find it unacceptable that a writer of erotica also write children's books?

 
At 12:06 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

But why? I've always assumed that people are smart enough to understand that authors can separate one genre from another in their writing. It just seems so silly that this should be a big deal for anyone.

 
At 2:45 AM , Blogger Tarie Sabido said...

I'm not sure why. I think it would be interesting to hear the arguments of the parents/teachers/librarians who find it awkward or unacceptable that kids lit and erotica come from the same author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home