Fuse #8

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Una Produccion del Fusible #8

Sometimes my l'il ole Sitemeter just makes my day. Today I was casually flipping through the kind souls who'd already looked at my blog this morning (in spite of the fact that was taking my own sweet time posting my Review of the Day) and I saw that someone had stayed on my site for quite some time through a url that began http://translate.google.com/. Naturally, I was curious. What I found when I followed was this. In general, I approach internet things of this nature with the fascination of a child. Obviously if you had asked me, "Hey! Is there a site where you can translate a website from one language to another? Well is there? Punk?", I would have replied, "Yes, of course. Now stop calling me punk. I don't even know you!". I think I'm digressing.

The point is that I found this super cool. But then, I'm easily amused. Anything that makes my profile say that children's literature, "Es un negocio despiadado del cutthroat con las porciones de gnashes de los dientes", makes my day.

5 Comments:

At 1:33 PM , Blogger SilberBook-Blog said...

Thanks B. I now know that POND SCUM is "Espuma de la Churca" - not quite as catchy a title, but then again how would one compare the name Julio Eglesias to the anglo version of July Churches!

Haven't yet heard from The Agent on what the German edition is going to be called - but I'm sure it will be gutteral and filled with angst.

Even with my 4 years of high school - then college Spanish - I can barely make my way through a good taco - so thanks for the site link.

alan

 
At 3:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ran it through my site, and came up with our hostess's moniker as: "El pájaro fabuloso de Betsy de la biblioteca pública de Nueva York." Que humoroso.

 
At 7:17 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

What's your site, Matt? Don't think I've run across it before.

Maybe I should change everything to French. It would be the only time my ability to speak that language had ANY use in NYC at all.

 
At 12:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My site is http://www.hotknifedesign.com. It's my "day job" (well, actually it's my "half-of-my-day job", the other job being Babymouse).

 
At 9:12 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Oh yes! I looked at it once before because someone connected to my site through the lovely NPR link you'd put there. Gorgeous website, by the way. I have great plans in mind for this l'il ole blog, but they're proceeding at a snail's pace.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home