Fuse #8

Friday, July 21, 2006

Straight To Video Fears o' Mine

When the children's news day is slow and I can't find anything halfway decent to report, I turn in my time of need to J.L. Bell who always has something interesting to say, and usually on a daily basis. Today Bell talks of the recent Variety magazine article on the filming of Philip Pullman's Golden Compass. Bell has some good point about anti-authority figures in movies and which ones we're allowed to see/root for. The most frightening part of the post, however? The possibility that The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass could go straight to video. Hey, man. It happened to The Thief Lord.

2 Comments:

At 3:13 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Nobody does. Hence my worry re: His Dark Materials.

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Tell me how it is when you see it. My feeling is that it can't be all that pleasing but I could be wrong.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home