Fuse #8

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Popularity Contest

I discovered this a little while ago, but I guess my husband never did. Having had it brought back to my attention, I have to say it's well worth a revisiting. The Baby Name Wizard's Name Voyager allows your average schlub to type in any name and see how its popualarity has done over the years. For example, type in the highly sought after name of "Betsy" and you see that it hit #257 in the 1950s... and never did quite that well again. Ah well.

It gets better. There's even a Baby Name Wizard blog that covers all sorts of interesting topics. My personal favorite was a section on sibling names. If you have a kid named Tatum, what would be an ideal name for Tatum's brother? My pick: Zane. Tatum and Zane. Sounds like a 70s cop thriller set in Hoboken. I would watch that show.

2 Comments:

At 10:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try Susan. #4 in the 50s. (Ten bucks to anyone who can give me a compelling reason.) Today? #514.

Oy. This way lies Mildred.

 
At 11:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What language is this?

"Anonymous said...
Try Susan. #4 in the 50s. (Ten bucks to anyone who can give me a compelling reason.) Today? #514.

Oy. This way lies Mildred.
"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home