Fuse #8

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Drink Up, Drinky

As Cheryl Klein has mentioned, I want you all to remember that tomorrow (Thursday) is the kidlit drink night at Sweet & Vicious near the intersection of Spring Street and the Bowery (6 to Spring St., B/D/F/V to Broadway-Lafayette, N/R to Prince). Imbibing starts at 6:00 and Cheryl says there's a back garden, weather permitting. Should you wish to figure out who is who (though I like the image of people accosting stylish Manhattanites saying things like, "Your thoughts on Walter the Farting Dog?") it's simple. Cheryl is tall and gorgeous with straight blond hair and cool dark rimmed glasses. I, in contrast, am not tall with hair that is currently attempting a Gene Wilder-ish leap off of my skull, and glasses. You can't miss us.

Oh, and this is for everyone. We don't check for a blog at the door or anything. You write books? Great. You edit books? Awesome. You think about them when the mood hits? You're in. See you there.

13 Comments:

At 3:31 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Man, I wish I lived in NYC today. Hope you guys have fun.

 
At 3:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be at a high school open house tomorrow night. But thanks for the invite!

On the bright side, maybe the handouts will have some interesting fonts.

 
At 4:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waaaaah. I wanna be in NYC.

 
At 4:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is the Poetry Foundation's announcement of the new children's poet laureate? Was supposed to be today...this is completely unrelated to your post, I know, but you're one of the best bloggers on the beat, dude, and so I thought you might know.

Did I dream it all?
jules

 
At 5:54 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Crap. Was that today? Just a sec... I have to do some digging....

 
At 5:59 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

'kay, I'm back. They're announcing it tonight, so hopefully I'll be able to hear about it soonish. TBA.

 
At 6:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to come!!! Who's in charge of contests for winning free airplane tickets from California to NY JUST FOR THIS EVENT?!

Have fun, and I'm there in spirit.

Becky

 
At 6:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blegh, I can't make it, Fuse. Have a drink on my behalf?

 
At 7:10 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

You bet, babe. Heck, I'll have two. I'm just that giving.

 
At 8:09 PM , Blogger John Green said...

I think John Green and his wife might be going.

 
At 9:02 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Oh suh-weet. I hereby proclaim this party the best o' the kidlit blogger year. Man. That might even lure in the YA folks as well. Nice move, m'friend. I will see you there (though I work until 5:30 and may be the teensiest bit tardy).

 
At 9:26 PM , Blogger MotherReader said...

I just want to note that my life in the Washington, DC metropolitan area officially sucks.

I love social gatherings. And I love drinks. It's so unfair.

And my John Green sample questions didn't lure him to my blog. Can't imagine why.

Have fun. Yeah sure, have fun.

 
At 11:15 PM , Blogger alvinaling said...

I'm sorry I can't make it either (bachelorette party), but I am sending a few representatives to report back to me. Have fun, and I'll try to make the next one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home