Fuse #8

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sendak On Sendak

NPR darling Maurice Sendak has recently been on Morning Edition to discuss childhood and his newest picture book release, Mommy? I reviewed this book earlier in the year when a copy mistakenly fell into my hot little hands. My review was positive (some might say overwhelmingly so) but the marketing people at Scholastic had kitten fits over my posting before the mysterious release date. I had to pull the review as a result. You may view it again, should you so desire, but it's hardly groundbreaking.

2 Comments:

At 10:57 AM , Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

Aha! I wonder why the posting had disappeared.

Two days ago, I found your Amazon.com review of Peter Pan. I'm rereading the book right now, as I'm reviewing Peter Pan in Scarlet. I thought I had read the original years ago, but didn't remember much beyond thinking that Peter Pan and Tinker Bell were both prats, and wanting Wendy to move on.

 
At 12:04 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Ah yes. I just love the stuff nobody remembers. Like the fairies returning home from an orgy. Did that term have some innocent connotation when the book was written or did orgy really mean orgy? I suspect McCaughrean probably does not follow it up. More's the pity.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home