Fuse #8

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

PJ Not Directing El Hobbito

I keep telling you that I'm about to go on vacation and then *BANG*! All kinds of craziness breaks out. For example, there is the fact that Peter Jackson will not be directing The Hobbit for New Line Cinema. Why would that be? It's simple. They are out of their blooming minds, it seems. It gets better. Apparently they want to do not only The Hobbit but also a "LOTR prequel" of one sort or another. Sounds a bit Star Warsy to me, but who am I to judge? In any case, I imagine the fans of the Jackson-man are not pleased. Mad fans? I predict that New Line is in for some dark days.

The resident husband, by the way, told me that it's all a sham and that it's a Peter Jackson power play so that his lawsuit goes the way he wants it to. You be the judge.

3 Comments:

At 4:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet they end up filming the crap bit at the end of LOTR, when the hobbits return to tellytubbyland and find it has become a fascist state. Or something.

It will probably be six hours long.

 
At 4:02 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

A Lord of the Rings prequel?!?

Prequel to what, exactly? We already saw Gollum's flippin' childhood in the last movie. Not to mention seeing Ancient Times Sauron get his hand cut off over and over and over.

What's next? Gandalf's days as a sorcerer's apprentice? Bleh.

 
At 6:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or... you don't suppose they're thinking of filming stuff from the Silmarillion, do you? Double bleh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home