Fuse #8

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Pullman Flicks (Plural!) Info

More pictures are out for The Golden Compass, and they look delish. Check it:


Sam Elliot as Lee Scoresby. Hot.


The reason my mother will not be watching this film
(children in peril, one more than the other)



Kinda looks like F. Murray Abraham, though I know it's not.



I confess that Lee Scoresby is my favorite character in the books. I cannot TELL you how relieved I am to see that they got him right. Hot.

Plus there's already info out on the sequel, The Subtle Knife. "New Line has hired Hossein Amini (The Wings of the Dove, The Four Feathers, Jude) to pen The Subtle Knife, the second part of Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials reports Variety." Amini? Whoo, boy. Quite a record that fellow has. Considering the box office flops that were Four Feathers and Jude, here's hoping he gets THIS screenplay right.

5 Comments:

At 12:15 PM , Blogger trowbridge chronicles said...

I'll watch for A Golden Compass, coming to a theater near me. Sam Elliott has always been one of my favorite character actors. I recently drove by his beautiful country home in central Oregon, and photographed it with the idea of posting the photo on one of my web sites, but decided to let him have his privacy.

 
At 5:36 PM , Blogger Greg Pincus said...

As I'm sure your hubby will tell you, blaming the screenwriter isn't always legitimate. I mean SOMETIMES it's all the writer's fault, but many a great script has been tinkered with on the way to the screen (with good intentions, even). With a novel, you can blame the writer for failure with a clear conscience. But a screenplay? Too collaborative a medium to dump all the blame there.

 
At 6:20 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Always a good point. Every good script can be throttled sufficiently into drivel in the fullness of time. And I've helped on enough films to see where a script can go horribly horribly wrong when the wrong people get ahold of it. Tell you what. If Killshot turns out to be really really good then I'll trust him entirely with Pullman. I mean, screenwriters are often blamed for others' flaws, but they are not always blameless themselves.

 
At 6:31 PM , Blogger Little Willow said...

I am anxious for the casting of Will.

 
At 12:38 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Even money on whether it's Freddie Highmore or not.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home