Fuse #8

Monday, April 16, 2007

The Caldecott Goes Cable

Off the top of your head, name as many Caldecott Award winning picture books that have been turned into children's television shows starting . . . . NOW!

I thought of My Friend Rabbit which Nelvana tv is turning into a show. That's about it, though. Max and his Wild Things never got into syndication. Forget about the Flotsam show (though the movie potential is VAST). And what about the Smoky Night series? Yeah... maybe not.

In other news, there will also be a Mr. Men Show to boot:
Cartoon Network will be the US home for The Mr. Men Show (52x11'), a new sketch animated series From Chorion Ltd , which is slated to launch on the network in January 2008. Additionally, Cartoon Network is also co-producing the series with Chorion. The Mr. Men Show is based on the Mr. Men and Little Miss books created in the 1970s by Roger Hargreaves. The series is written and produced by Kate Boutilier and Eryk Casermiro and animated in the US by Renegade Animation .
Maybe I was just a weird kid, but that Mr. Men series creeped the hell out of me as a kid. I can't explain it. They just did.

Thanks to Cynopsis Kids for the links.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 10:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that the Mr. Men creeped you out! I loved both the Mr. Men and the Li'l Miss series (I still have a L'il Miss Sunshine that my mom made for me to hang in my room.) Still, I have to admit that the idea of a t.v. show creeps even me out a little...

 
At 4:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent my childhood in fear that Mr. Tickle would enter my room late at night and tickle me to death.

I wish I were kidding.

 
At 7:17 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

THANK YOU!!!! I had that exact same fear. It extended beyond Mr. Tickle, but that's the general gist of it. And now I read that his book is the most popular of the crew. *shudder*

 
At 3:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was just announced that Olivia's getting a show too:

http://news.awn.com/?&newsitem_no=19565

- AZ

 
At 11:41 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Thanks. Thought about reporting on that one too, but felt I'd missed the boat. I appreciate the update.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home