Fuse #8

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Hot Men of Children's Literature, Part 36 in a Series

You guys have been so good lately. You deserve a new hot man to feast your hungry eyes upon.

So, funny story. As a children's librarian, my job is to fulfill a host of different requirements. Your average kidlit librarian needs to provide customer service, maintain assigned jobs (i.e. organizing the non-print and the paperbacks, oddly enough), work a Reference Desk with aplomb, and (here's the biggie) work with classes. That means giving kids a tour of the library alongside some basic orientation. And orientation sometimes works so much better when you've some good picture books to read aloud to the young 'uns. I used to be a fan of D.W.'s Library Card since it had that irresistible Arthurian lure (by way of Marc Brown) to it. As time went by, however, I found that there was a better book out there to suit my needs. Beverly Billingsly Borrows a Book. Oh, it's great. It addresses fears, and concerns, and contains a whole host of information. I've always been vaguely aware that there's a whole Beverly Billingsly series out there, but it never occurred to me to check out the relative hotness of the author/illustrator.

More fool I, it seems.
And so I present unto you the enormously hoo-haa...

Alexander Stadler


No blog. No upcoming appearances. Just a woefully out-of-date website. Still, I'll forgive a lot if a fellow's as hip as this.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, good choice! He is hot! And super-nice. I emailed him out of the blue after Beverly Billingsley Takes the Cake to say I was so very impressed that he'd worked a Mrs. Dalloway reference into a picture book, and he wrote back and asked for my library address and sent me a bunch of Beverly stickers for my library kids. So sweet! And, um, yeah - hot!

 
At 11:01 AM , Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Wow. I would incriminate myself if I blathered on any further...

Also, I heart Beverly Billingsly.

 
At 5:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked at an independent kids' bookstore in Alexander's neighborhood here in Philadelphia, and so may I add to the record: 1)he supports independent bookstores! 2) his dogs are cute! and 3) he is hella fun to have on a visit! triple hooray for him!

 
At 7:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm .., his blog lists both kids titles and adult titles. Where do think we file this one: Charlene Loves to Make Noise.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home