Fuse #8

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Kylie Minogue and Jessica Simpson: Authors extraordinaire

I'm sure you've all heard about this already, but there's nothing like another shove of exasperation to keep tempers ah-boiling. Here's what Sarah Weinman at Mediabistro (link below) had to say on the matter:

"It's bad enough that a publisher is giving Kylie Minogue money to write a children's book -- specifically, Puffin's Jane Richardson has bought the rights to The Showgirl Princess for publication this September -- but now word comes in from the wires (via an interview with W magazine) that blonde bombshell Jessica Simpson is working on a book of poetry that she's been writing since she was 11. 'It's a piece of my heart I want to share with my fans.'"


Actually, I disagree. NO NO, don't start throwing copious amounts of rotten fruit at me! I will explain. I disagree because Simpson is writing a book of poetry. Remember Jewel's book of poetry years ago? Well, that was bad. This will be worse. But bad poetry is always funnier than bad writing (i.e. Minogue) so I'm sure I'll be far more amused by Simpson's efforts than that of her celebrity counterpart. ESPECIALLY if she's been writing it since she was 11. Oh this I gotta see... hee hee hee...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home