Fuse #8

Friday, March 31, 2006

Metaphorical thighs

Obviously it's late in the day and I'm getting a little slap-happy but this is a question for all you fellow bloggers out there. Do you ever find yourself looking at other people's blogs, especially the ones you like, and you keep wishing that your blog appeared in their LINKS section? It's not as if you can send them a note saying, "Hey! I like you! Link to me!". Miss Manners would SO not approve. At the same time, you can't help but check back from time to time to see if maybe you've risen in their estimation since the LAST time you looked at them. This can become a dangerous occupation. So for all you bloggers out there who have already linked to this site, I would like to offer my hearty thanks. And for those of you out there who have not linked to me... well I guess I'm just gonna have to show a little more thigh. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

Though Lord knows what a metaphorical thigh constitutes. Hm.

8 Comments:

At 12:21 AM , Blogger Greg Pincus said...

Now ya see... here I am late at night checking your blog from the newly added link on my blog. Oh the irony! I don't even know if you've ever even been to mine, yet I felt a pang of guilt in reading your message (yet, as a writer, I instantly assumed it wasn't addressed to me because you said you LIKED the blogs in question, and how could that be me???!). I can't answer for others, but I made a vow when I started blogging that I wouldn't spend time doing endless updates but instead just do the template stuff once a week or less frequently. I think that'll fall by the wayside soon enough, but I suspect I'm not the only one who doesn't update with regularity. Or, of course, maybe no one actually likes ya? :-)

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger Disco Mermaids said...

Ask and ye shall receive!

 
At 11:36 AM , Blogger Disco Mermaids said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:43 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Oh how nice. I hadn't any blog particularly in mind when I wrote the post. It was late in the day, I'd been on the Children's Desk for a couple hours, and my mind was much with the fogginess. It is nice to see that people care, though. Many many thanks.

 
At 1:17 PM , Blogger MotherReader said...

Hey, I like you! Link to me!

Uh, please?

 
At 1:05 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Sure! Now THAT is what I'm talking about, people. The straightforward approach. Nothing can compare.

 
At 11:59 AM , Blogger MotherReader said...

Thanks for the link booksister! I mentioned you specifically in my Wild and Woolly post of three days ago, so we're sharing the looove. And, if that weren't enough, I passed on your info. to who will be the next best young children's librarian in the N. Y. C., the S-girl.

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Oh! That's how she heard of me! Well you can let her know that I've given her name to the head of the Office of Children's Services and I've contacted Human Resources to try to prod them into action on hiring. Hopefully she'll get a message from them pronto.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home