Fuse #8

Friday, April 28, 2006

Why Blondie and Peanuts Will Never Go Away

There's a young boy in my homeschooler bookgroup who loves Calvin and Hobbes more than life itself. If I ask kids to name their favorite books, his is the ultimate collection. If I ask for future book recommendations, it's the first thing he thinks of. Until I read this article in the Los Angeles Times, however, I had no idea how dire the plight of the funnies is. "Legacy strips" that are carried on long past the death of their creators now threaten the newbies. Apparently old people have too much sway in this area and kids my age and younger just don't seem to see the point of Marmaduke. Hell, give me a good old episode of Cat and Girl over Cathy anyday. That's what I say.

3 Comments:

At 2:08 PM , Blogger Jackie Parker said...

Hear! Hear! (or is it the other 'here') or well.

 
At 9:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm old. Gimmee Fraz: www.comics.com/comics/frazz
(Doonsbury's a given.)

--rams

 
At 10:52 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Fraz is hardly Cathy. And you are hardly old. Doonesbury is good so it may stay. Someday I'll construct the ideal comic page. However, you've just gotta love the "Cat and Girl". Seriously.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home