Fuse #8

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Wilbur and Fart Jokes? Great....

So you can see the trailer up on the official website for the film of
Charlotte's Web. I've not seen it myself, so I will instead refer you to a very reliable source who commented on it on the Child_Lit Listserv.
The trailer makes it look and sound more like the recent Stuart Little movies (perhaps because Wilbur sounds like Stuart --- I can't seem to find who does the pig's voice though) and also makes a huge deal of all the big names involved. It gave me the same saccharine feel that makes me hate the earlier cartoon so much. From what I saw, updating it only made it crass. Or perhaps it isn't updated, but they decided to use a fart joke and "the rat rules" anyway? Sigh. Bad trailers don't necessarily mean bad movies, but....we shall see, we shall see.


Consider me seriously worried.

2 Comments:

At 11:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Fuslet,

You are climbing to the top of my blog list. I used to subscribe to Child Lit but found it overwhelming to keep up with the volume of material. Now if you are picking out the best bits...

I also LOVE the insider perspective on the authors and illustrators you meet.

...and the book reviews. Very fine.

True confession. I read your site first today. Before Roger.

KT

 
At 12:05 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Really? That is impressive! As you can see, I always keep Roger at the top of my bloglist. A bloglist, by the way, which I mean to shuffle around a bit. Many thanks for the lovely compliments. I know what you mean about the overwhelming nature of Child_Lit too. After 110 posts discussing the best representations of grandmothers in children's fiction... well it can become a bit much. That's why you have me. I'll sift and sift and sift to find the good stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home