Fuse #8

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Braggy Fuse. Braggy Braggy Fuse.

Good afternoon, all.
How's your day been so far?
Cool. Cool.

So ... did you have a published children's illustrator come in and say howdy to you today? Cause I did. Today artist Katherine Tillotson came all the way down to the Donnell Library JUST to say hi to l'il ole me. Ms. Tillotson has officially won the award of Best Children's Illustrator Who Loves Fuse #8. Not that you other illustrators aren't beloved. But how many of you sent me a fancy dancy birthday card with a cool detachable bookmark? How many of you sent an autographed poster (visual essay found here) just for the having? Hm? Hm? She did and she let me know that she's friends with Jeanne DuPrau and that Ms. DuPrau saw this blog not too long ago. Just for the record, Ms. Tillotson is the illustrator of such fine titles as When the Library Lights Go Out and my personal favorite Penguin and Little Blue.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find myself a rather sharp needle with which to puncture my swollen head. I'm not sure I'll be able to get through any doorways for the rest of the day.

6 Comments:

At 4:20 PM , Blogger MotherReader said...

If this is your way of getting Mo to send you some pigeon paraphernalia by means of competition, well, forget it missy. Come take a gander at my blog. He sent me an email, and it's not like he does that for everyone. Y'know. Except. Uh, you.

Well, he sent me a link to him drawing a 45 minute mural, so that's pretty cool.

 
At 8:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez! I knew I should have gone into public librarianship! Illustrators are not likely to stop by my little 'ole elementary library.

 
At 10:51 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Mother Reader, dude, I sooo credited you on that one. I even did a whole posting on his message to you! But it looks as if he may stop by here if he gets rained out of Bryant Park in June when he does a signing with Chris Raschka. Boo-yeah!

 
At 8:46 PM , Blogger MotherReader said...

You did, I saw. I just read this post first. Oops.

You are one lucky duck though. I also saw the Bryant Park thing and thought "tut, tut, looks like rain."

If he comes to your library, I dare you to use me as an opener. Seems like fair play.

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

You got it, kid. We DC/NYC librarians have to stick together.

 
At 5:59 AM , Blogger Tarie Sabido said...

Very cool =) =) =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home