Fuse #8

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Casting Pods, Casting Webs

Podcasts scare me. I don't know how they work and I only have the slightest of inklings of what exactly they are. I'm a disgrace to my generation (being 28 and all). Webcasts, on the other hand, are groovy. And Kids Lit had a link to an especially interesting series of webcasts just this week. It seems that the Library of Congress has started collecting webcasts of authors. All you need to know? Children's authors are part of the mix. According to Kids Lit they've already hooked up to Mary Pope Osborne, Neil Gaiman, R. L. Stine, Meg Cabot, Sharon Creech, Patricia Reilly Giff, Walter Dean Myers, Pat Mora, Jack Gantos, and Jerry Pinkney. Well worth a gander.

2 Comments:

At 3:48 PM , Blogger Dan McCoy said...

F#8 - I will come to your apartment and show you how to do podcasts. They are the easiest thing in the world.

 
At 7:15 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Really? Cause they scare the bejeezus out of me. All that casting... and then there's the word "pod" to contend with. Nothing good ever has the word pod in it, right? Right?

Still, what if I was able to do podcasts from my home computer. What if I could (whee!) read my reviews out loud like on NPR. Oh the thought is thrilling indeed. I could be the FIRST children's blog podcaster. *snicker snicker snort*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home