Fuse #8

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My New Best Friend

New blogs come and go, but some of the newbies have something to say and say it well. Take, for example, newest kid in town Oz and Ends. Created by one J.L. Bell, the blog ostensibly says that it contains, "Musings about some of my favorite fantasy literature for young readers". Musings, be damned. This site has some of the best commentary on children's fantasy I've read in months. There's a piece on the state of Philip Reeve's, Mortal Engines here in America, one on the unsatisfying read that is Blue Balliett books, and even a great continuing series on how some judicious editing of Harry Potter books would not be out of place. What I like best about the blog? It dislikes what I dislike and likes what I like. Plus it's always interesting. A tall order indeed.

1 Comments:

At 3:28 PM , Blogger Disco Mermaids said...

You always find the best sites, Ms. Fuse. Thanks for bringing them to our attention.

I'm lovin' the Oz and Ends.

- Jay

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home