Fuse #8

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Pullmania

Resident god of children's literature Philip Pullman had a rather nice posting on his website for the month of May. Aside from the title of the book he's working on (The Book of Dust) he has a rather nice take on the whole movie process his book is caught up in. He has this to say about the script:


And the latest script, from Chris Weitz, is truly excellent; I know, because I`ve just this morning read it. I think it`s a model of how to condense a story of 400 pages into a script of 110 or so. All the important scenes are there and will have their full value. I`m sorry to say goodbye to Anand Tucker, whom I liked, but glad that the film will go forward in such good shape.


And Aardman Animations (of Wallace and Gromit fame) has an interest in The Scarecrow and His Servant. Many thanks to Monica for the tip.

1 Comments:

At 3:11 PM , Blogger Michele said...

I can hardly wait to see Aardman's take on The Scarecrow and his Servant ! It's probably just as well they're not doing it in Claymation, or we might have to wait several years for it to reach the screen !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home