Fuse #8

Monday, June 12, 2006

The Winnie-the-Pooh Five

Saints and Spinners has included a list on her blog of the Ten Reasons Why I Loved Working In the Central Children's Room (where I am now). It's all interesting and worth looking at, but I think my favorite link was to the Winnie-the-Pooh controversy that happened some eight odd years ago. Even Tony Blair managed to get involved in some way. This explains the steady stream of Bring-Pooh-Home messages that appear in our guestbook (countered nicely by the Australians comments of No-Leave-Him-Here). I brought this incident up with Pooh himself recently, and he was much put out by the news article's constant references to how "glum" he looked. "Good heavens, what do they expect? Do they want me to grin?", he demanded of me. I made a hasty exit and left him grumbling to himself. There's no reasoning with him when he gets in one of his moods.

4 Comments:

At 10:44 PM , Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

I followed the link from Saints and Spinners. Great blog! I am a lowly social worker-turning-teacher who only fantasizes about being a children's librarian (not really at a city library; I'd have to do hurricane duty again; I'd prefer a school) but I adore children's literature.

 
At 3:38 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Everyone has a dream. Mine is to be the kind of children's librarian that movie producers turn to when they need script ideas from already existing great books. The Ear, the Eye, and the Arm will get made someday!!!

 
At 4:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Oh! Oh!

I adore Winnie-the-Pooh. GREATLY. I think you'll even find my name in the guest book from years gone by.

Having been introduced to Pooh when I was seven, I started collecting, and now have the second largest collection of Pooh memorbilla in the United States. (The collection is on loan to a museum in Canada -- much to the delight of my husband who just could not compete with it.)

Lisa Yee
www.lisayee.com
www.livejournal.com/users/lisayee

 
At 8:39 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Get OUT! Lisa Yee, incredibly famous children/teen author and blogger extraordinaire is a Pooh fan? Moreover, THE Pooh fan?

More to the point, Lisa Yee reads my blog? Now that IS news. Yay, Lisa Yee.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home