Fuse #8

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hot Men of Children's Literature - Part 21 (Again) In a Series

So I'm at the ALA Conference in New Orleans and I've reached a kind of jaded nirvana. It's the point each and every children's librarian comes to in the ALA conference center when they discover that they could pretty much talk to any children's author or illustrator they wanted to because they're everywhere. Suddenly a kind of retrograde snobbery sets in. You eschew those authors who are only hugely popular for the award winners. While in the midst of one of these ego-swelling head trips I stumbled across a booth of Mr. Robert Sabuda and today's Hot Man. They were signing copies of Encyclopedia Prehistorica: Sharks and Other Sea Monsters and chatting very nicely with their hoardes of fans. And I, for my part, found myself wracking my brain in an effort to remember whether or not I'd included this particular fellow in my blog postings yet. The answer was no. A shocking horrific no. So better late than never, I bring you the fellow who is partially responsible for the remarkable Mommy, penned by Maurice Sendak and reviewed here tomorrow....

Matthew Reinhart



and, just for kicks, here he is as well


Lovely. A fine addition and a masterful fella.

1 Comments:

At 12:39 AM , Blogger bookstore girl said...

Hot damn! Good choice.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home