Fuse #8

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety-Jig

People, I think I left fairly clear instructions. I informed everyone that not a drop of interesting kiddie lit related news was to occur while I was gone on my cross-country road trip from hither to thither. So how do you explain the veritable plethora of news that took place while I was gone? Now I learn that yet another adult author is trying her hand at kiddie lit. The new Jasper Fforde is out (I had hoped it was Pooh-related, but it's not). L. Frank Baum's family is apologizing for his remarkably racist comments circa the late 1800s (and not a moment too soon!) to say nothing of Dorothy's Reproductive Capabilities. Then Daniel Handler had to get all goofy and say that two of his characters would die in the last Series of Unfortunate Events (only two?).

Of couse, then the bloggers started getting all interesting on their own. For example, Gregory K had this list of Famous Authors and the Children's Books They'd Write including, but certainly not limited to, the following:
  • Hardy -- Near and Far from the Madding Crowd: a Book of Opposites
  • Clancy -- We Spy
  • James -- The Wings of the Dove Go Up and Down
  • Raymond Chandler - Big Sleep, Little Sleep
  • Updike - Velveteen Rabbit Run
Sigh. Look, guys. Y'all are just too too vigilant. In the next few days I'm just going to have to work double time to catch up.

It's good to be home.

8 Comments:

At 7:31 PM , Blogger SilberBook-Blog said...

Yes - as hard as the world tried to sit still it turned and churned out a few decent nuggets. But now that YOU'RE back...can't wait to read what you've got up your kid-literate sleeve!

Hope you had a nice time -

alan

 
At 7:39 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

I did, thank you. And Alan, I happened to notice that your book was mentioned prominently on the Planet Esme blog. Well done there, sir!

 
At 7:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I have to say that my daily blog reading time was definitely shorter with you and Liz B both away at the same time. But I'm glad to hear that children's literature news can start happening again.

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

And how! I've a backlog a mile long and I'm not afraid to break out the goodies I've discovered along the way. It is, all snarkiness aside, lovely to be back. Now to prepare for a children's bookclub discussion of "Donuthead", complete with essay questions (ugh).

 
At 9:44 PM , Blogger SilberBook-Blog said...

Thanks, E. (I was thrilled!)

And whoa - someone's bursting at the "gotta post" seams!!! You go girl!

 
At 10:52 PM , Blogger Greg Pincus said...

Thank goodness you're back. I have great pics of multiple luminaries dancing naked on the Empire State Building, but I was able to have the news supressed until your return.

I'll send you the pictures in... hey, wait a second... where are they?

Thanks for the link (and for quoting great titles dreamed up by me AND others!)

 
At 10:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! As I think you've noticed, you've been missed!

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Thank you, Tammy. Your comments are part of what keeps me coming back.

Oh, and sorry I didn't make it clear that all the titles were not your own, Greg. In the excitement of getting to post again I got a little sloppy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home