Fuse #8

Friday, August 04, 2006

Ole MacDonald Had a Speech

This morning we here at the Central Children's Room were blessed by the presence of Margaret Read MacDonald, storyteller extraordinaire. Storytelling is a skill in and of itself and its practitioners range from the very very good (as in the case with Ms. MacDonald) to the downright loopy. I did some storytelling at the Hans Christian Andersen statue in Central Park about a month ago, so it's not as if I'm unfamiliar with storytelling itself. Still, I like to leave it up to the professionals. With that in mind, definitely check out the blog of a storyteller and former Donnell Library staff member at Saints and Spinners for your daily hit of storytelling craziness.

1 Comments:

At 4:14 PM , Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

Thanks for the shout-out!

I've attented a bunch of events Margie McDonald (note how I just use the name she regularly goes by, lalala), as she used to work in the library system in which I used to work (and still do, on occasion). My former boss was a bit peevish about Margie having kids call her "Dr. MacDonald" (the usual ivory tower claims), but Margie said that when she introduces herself to children, she says, "Some people are doctors of medicine, but I am a doctor of stories."

I love that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home