Fuse #8

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Within a Mile of Her

I'm working today from 12-8. That means that around 7:30 I'll be right around the corner from J.K. Rowling. Honest! Today's the long awaited Harry, Carrie & Garp talk at the Radio City Music Hall. Now I'm going to say some words to Ms. Rowling mano a mano.

Ahem.

Hi. Ms. Rowling, I'm sure you've been in enough libraries in the world already, yes? So many, in fact, that you'd rather poke small pointy things in your tender eye sockets rather than deal with just one more. But have you ever seen Winnie-the-Pooh in person? I thought not. And he's just dying to meet you too. I can't get him to shut up about it (he's a big fan of your website). Let's face it. You're the most popular children's writer alive at this moment in time and the New York Public Library's Central Children's Room is just adorable. Isn't it time for you two to get together?

Failing her appearance, any of you yahoos who want to stop by before the show to say howdy are more than welcome to do so. I'll give you a free clown nose if you do. After all, I'm literally 3 blocks away.

While I wait, enjoy The Potter Song.

4 Comments:

At 3:50 AM , Blogger Camille said...

That would be cool if JKR did stop by to see Pooh!

 
At 10:28 AM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

Cool but the chances are slim to none. After all, when she presented NYPL with a signed copy of one of her books it was presented to our dear President Paul LeClerc in a white glove ceremony and then put on display in my library. The idea that she'd just waltz in is amusing but probably more than a touch ridiculous. But what's life without a little hope now and then, eh?

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger Nancy said...

Hi there and happy to stumble into your blog from Gotta Book.

I'm going to the Rowling/King/Irving show tomorrow night, but I'll be about 30 rows back. I thought I might carry a sign that says "Steve, I'm you're number one fan and it's my birthday -- please come talk to me." What do you think, would Rowling be more likely to fall for that?

 
At 7:26 PM , Blogger fusenumber8 said...

No, I think you're better off making the sign for Steve. After all, he actually lives in this country. Rowling's appearance is far more akin to some bright pinpoint of light that sparkles in the retina and then is gone. Mr. King, on the other hand, isn't quite as shy of publicity.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home